Following on from the first anti-doping seminars held at the 2018 Australian Supercross Championship in Sydney in partnership with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, (ASADA) Motorcycling Australia (MA) supported by Williams Event Management (WEM) have organised further anti-doping seminars to be held in conjunction with Round 3 of the Australian MX Nationals Motocross series at Broadford, Victoria from 13-14 April.
There will be three presentations
- 12.30 to 1.30 MX1/2/D riders, team managers, support personnel, officials.
- 1.45 to 2.45 MX1/2/D riders, team managers, support personnel, officials.
- 3pm to 3.45 (juniors 15 and under) with guardian.
Attendance is compulsory for all senior riders however a you may nominate to send a team member on your behalf should you be unable to attend, you will be required to sign for the seminar. Senior riders are urged to register for their preferred session as space will be limited.
Registration details will be communicated to competitors and teams by WEM via Team App.
Team managers, Officials and support personal are also welcome and we encourage you to also register.
All attendees should download the ASADA app https://www.asada.gov.au/tech
All attendees should register and complete the Level 1 Anti-Doping course: https://elearning.asada.gov.au/enrol/index.php?id=86
With recent changes to the MA Anti-Doping Policy and ongoing changes to Anti-Doping Regulations these seminars are important so all members understand how you might be affected in case of an anti-doping violation occurrence. Seminars will include areas such as:
- Discussion on real-life scenario’s
- Powers of ASADA
- Changes to MA anti-doping policy
- Effects of anti-doping (physical/mental)
- Prohibited association
- Status in sport while suspended (all sports)
- Life changing experience of an anti-doping violation
- Tools and information to help members