Coaching courses are conducted by the State Controlling Bodies of MA at various times throughout the year. Motorcycle Sport Coaching accreditation lasts for four years.
Gaining a Motorcycle Sport Coaching Accreditation
In order to gain a Motorcycle Sport Coaching Licence you will be required to:
- Demonstrate practical experience in relation to motorcycle riding, together with a sound knowledge of motorcycle riding technique,
- Satisfy any pre-requisites for attending the coaching course (for example, obtain a General Principles certificate from the ASC, achieve the first level of accreditation prior to progressing to next level etc.),
- Attend, complete and successfully pass all requirements of the coaching course,
- Complete any post course assessment,
- Show evidence you have satisfied the necessary Child Protection legislation in the States and Territories in which you wish to coach,
- Complete and return the appropriate licence application form to the Relevant Controlling Body.
Renewing a Motorcycle Sport Coaching Licence
In order to renew your coaching licence you will be required to:
- Complete and return the appropriate licence application form to the Relevant Controlling Body,
Maintain the necessary Child Protection legislation in the States and Territories in which you wish to coach,
- Inform your SCB if your contact details change.
Please contact your relevant State Controlling Body (SCB) for further information about courses and accreditation, and to obtain a Level 1 Coaching Licence Application Form.
Motorcycling Australia (MA), in conjunction with the Australian Sports Commission, have developed the two current levels of accreditation: