All motorcycle competition in Australia is conducted according to the General Competition Rules (GCRs), which are contained in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport.
The GCRs contain the rules and guidelines for participating in and conducting Motorcycle Sport, and are designed to ensure fair and safe competition for all involved.
The Manual of Motorcycle Sport is an annual publication which contains both the GCRs as well as other relevant information on motorcycle sport.
Rule change request forms can be found here. Final date for submissions to be discussed by commissions for the 2022 MoMS is 5th March 2021.
Note: Rules can be added, changed or deleted from one year to the next, before they appear in the next edition of the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, so please ensure you use this section of the website to stay up-to-date with the latest rules.
2021 Manual of Motorcycle Sport
Download the full 2021 Manual of Motorcycle Sport here:
2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport
Download the full 2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport here:
To order a hard-copy of the 2021 Manual of Motorcycle Sport, please download the:
Search the current MoMS:
For Individual Chapters, select from the following:
- Chapter 1 – Jurisdiction
- Chapter 2 – Administration
- Chapter 3 – Licensing
- Chapter 4 – Competitions
- Chapter 5 – Alternative Forms of Competition
- Chapter 6 – Offences, Protests and Appeals
- Chapter 7 – Road Race
- Chapter 8 – Historic Road Race
- Chapter 9 – Motocross & Supercross
- Chapter 10 – Classic Motocross & Classic Dirt Track
- Chapter 11 – Enduro & Reliability Trials
- Chapter 12 – ATV
- Chapter 13 – Speedway
- Chapter 14 – Dirt Track & Track
- Chapter 15 – Supermoto
- Chapter 16 – Trial
- Chapter 17 – Minikhana
- Appendix A Protective Clothing and Helmets,
- Appendix B Flags & Signals;
- Appendix C Sound Emissions & Fuel