All motorcycle competition in Australia is conducted according to the General Competition Rules (GCRs), which are contained in the Manual of Motorcycle Sport.
The GCRs contain the rules and guidelines for participating in and conducting Motorcycle Sport, and are designed to ensure fair and safe competition for all involved.
The Manual of Motorcycle Sport is an annual publication which contains both the GCRs as well as other relevant information on motorcycle sport.
Rule change request forms can be found here. Final date for submissions to be discussed by commissions for the 2021 MoMS is 15th March 2020.
Note: Rules can be added, changed or deleted from one year to the next, before they appear in the next edition of the Manual of Motorcycle Sport, so please ensure you use this section of the website to stay up-to-date with the latest rules.
2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport
Download the full 2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport here:
2019 Manual of Motorcycle Sport
Download the full 2019 Manual of Motorcycle Sport here:
To order a hard-copy of the 2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport, please download the:
Search the current MoMS:
For Individual Chapters, select from the following:
- Chapter 1 – Jurisdiction
- Chapter 2 – Administration
- Chapter 3 – Licensing
- Chapter 4 – Competitions
- Chapter 5 – Alternative Forms of Competition
- Chapter 6 – Offences, Protests and Appeals
- Chapter 7 – Judicial Committee Guidelines
- Chapter 8 – Road Race
- Chapter 9 – Historic Road Race
- Chapter 10 – Motocross & Supercross
- Chapter 11 – Classic Motocross & Classic Dirt Track
- Chapter 12 – Enduro & Reliability Trials
- Chapter 13 – ATV
- Chapter 14 – Speedway
- Chapter 15 – Dirt Track & Track
- Chapter 16 – Supermoto
- Chapter 17 – Trial
- Chapter 18 – Minikhana
- Appendix A Protective Clothing and Helmets,
- Appendix B Flags & Signals;
- Appendix C Sound Emissions & Fuel