The MA Strategic Plan 2014 – 2016 has been developed by our MA community and approved by the MA Council to help us achieve the best possible outcomes for motorcycling in Australia over the next three years.
The MA Council has decided to develop and implement a Strategic Plan with the input of the MA community to benefit the MA community.
The reasons for implementing our Strategic Plan include:
- To achieve our mission, which is:
- a) To promote motorcycling throughout Australia
- b) Provide opportunities for riders of all levels to participate in motorcycle activity.
- c) To provide leadership and development of programs for the motorcycling membership and industry.
- We have great opportunities that we need to harness to the benefit of all
- We are in a very competitive environment – if we don’t shape our future, someone else will.
- We need to make sure we think about and manage the sport strategically rather than have it evolve accidentally.
- In the absence of an agreed strategic plan, we have become personality driven: this is not acceptable given we are a large, membership based organisation and the risks inherent in our sport.
- Council and the Board have specific, constitutional duties to all the other MA stakeholders to exercise to effective governance and leadership: this cannot be done without a Strategic Plan.