Motorcycling Australia's Code of Conduct has been developed to provide competitors, officials, parents and coaches with a guide to appropriate behaviour at all Motorcycle Sport activity.
MA requires every individual and organisation bound by this policy to:
(a) be ethical, fair and honest in all their dealings with other people and MA;
(b) treat all persons with respect and courtesy and have proper regard for their dignity, rights and obligations;
(c) always place the safety and welfare of children above other considerations;
(d) comply with MA’s constitution, rules and policies including this policy;
(e) operate within the rules and spirit of the sport;
(f) comply with all relevant Australian laws (Federal and State), particularly anti-discrimination and child protection laws;
(g) be responsible and accountable for their conduct; and
(h) abide by the Code of Conduct outlined in Attachment A to this policy (Attachment A can be found below).
As a Member of MA or a person required to comply with MA’s member protection policy you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by MA or a Member and in any role you hold within those organisations.
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
2. Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealing with others.
3. Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions.
4. Make a commitment to providing quality service.
5. Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to, MA’s standards, rules, regulations and policies.
6. Operate within the rules of the sport including national and international guidelines which govern MA.
7. Do not use your involvement with MA or a Member to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of MA.
8. Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with any person under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example.
9. Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with any person under 18 years of age, wherever possible.
10. Refrain from any form of harassment of others.
11. Refrain from any behaviour that may bring MA or a Member into disrepute.
12. Provide a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
13. Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
14. Be a positive role model.
15. Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this code of behaviour.
Please click on the links below to find out more about Motorcycling Australia's policies: