Motorcycling Australia currently has 10 Commissions and 4 Committees, all of which assist in the management of the sport. They are as follows:
Commission Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist in the achievement of the objectives of MA.
- To encourage growth, development, participation and safety in motorcycle sport throughout Australia.
- To provide an environment for the orderly and structured consideration and decision making on the specialized aspects of motorcycle sport.
- To enhance the promotion of motorcycling as a sport.
- To enhance the status of National Championship competitions.
- To assist riders selected in teams competing in international competition to achieve international rankings.
- To assist individual competitors, clubs, promoters, SCBs and other interested parties wherever possible in their specialty of the sport.
- To recommend GCR rule changes only after full consultation with the SCBs and relevant State Sporting sub-committees.
- To deal with matters within their discipline (subject to the overriding control of the Board), in accordance with the Constitution. The Board may refer matters back to the Commissions for reconsideration.
- To select teams for international competition.
Role of Commission Chairman
The Commission Chairman is responsible for the following items:
- To liaise with their members in relation to meeting times.
- To lead the discussions at Commission meetings, and to ensure that all members have a reasonable time to put their point of view.
- To arrange for one of the members to take minutes of the meeting if the CCM is not taking part in the meeting.
- To ensure that a copy of these minutes is sent to MA within 72 hours of the meeting.
- To assist the CCM with the administration of the specific Commission.
- In the case of a tied decision from the Commission to make a casting vote to resolve the decision.
As part of MA's efforts to make Reports available to our general publics for viewing, the minutes from previous Commission Meetings are available to view online.
To view the reports from any of these Commissions, click on the link below, read the introductory statement, and feel free to see what our Commissions have been working on!